1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp freshly cracked pepper corns
1 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar
1 pinch minced fresh rosemary
10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 Tbsp safflower oil (any vegetable oil will work)
1. Mix up the rub in a separate small bowl. Heat up the BBQ grill for at least 10 minutes.
2. Put the ingredients for the sauce in a small sauce pan and heat until melted and warm. Set aside.
3. Wash the chicken, pat dry and put it in a shallow bowl. Drizzle with oil and roll the chicken to evenly coat it. Sprinkle on the rub. Toss the chicken to coat evenly with the spices.
4. Lubricate the grill with an oil-soaked paper towel. Put the chicken on the grate and grill until the chicken has dark marks (5 to 6 minutes for large thighs and 4 to 5 minutes for small thighs). Cook covered on a gas grill or uncovered over a charcoal fire. Flip over and cook until done, another 5 to 6 minutes for large thighs and 4 to 5 minutes for small thighs.
5. Put the chicken in a glass serving bowl as they are done. Serve with individual bowls of the dipping sauce. Great stuff!
You don't have to have the artifically colored and flavored sweet and sour sauce. It's easy to make your own. The inspiration for this recipe came from Fine Cooking, September, 2007 issue with their article "How to Grill the Juiciest Chicken".